Search This Blog

Followers

Monday 12 December 2022

POEMS: An Introduction

 Below this Introduction are six poems, the first I have written. I don't claim quality for them but they forced themselves on me and I had to get them out of my system so I can write other things which are blocked. They are not the rhyming sort of poem, though they are occasional purposeful rhymes.  I have not studied literature or poetry

A bit of background. I am full-time carer for my wife of 53 years who now has no language she can communicate with, and has lost all knowledge she ever had. Things are as they are. I have tried various ways of writing autobiographically without success. These poems satisfy me most and give me the flexibility to explore things that come to mind. I appreciate it is hard for readers who have not shared my journey to tune into my personal reflections. But be assured that for me it has been a positive experience, maybe therapeutic. Much in the collection is celebratory and I hope this can be a starting point for readers.

I use a pen-name for the sake of privacy, 

No comments: